Project: The Ron Cook Hub, University of York, UK
Type: Steel Modelling & Detailing
The Ron Cooke Hub is a curving wing of offices, a copper clad lecture theatre, demonstration box and study pods, these are expressed as discreet volumes and clustered together within and around a grand hall.
The Ron Cooke Hub covers 7,000 square foot and cost £21 million, to develop. It is a large elliptical structure with an all-enveloping curved roof. The internal support structure comprises of steel and 26m long tapered glulam beams. ACS delivered its Steel Detailing Service working closely with Fisher Engineering and the design team.
Scope of Work
- Modelling and detailing of all steelwork
- Liaise with the main contractor, design team and steel fabricator
- Provide material lists for procurement
- Provide fabrication drawings
- Provide General Arrangement drawings for erection